By: Emma Ganci
During fall, everyone seems to be craving some sort of October tasting food or beverage item. However, as a college student, it is not ideal to travel off campus and spend all of your paycheck in one sitting. If you need a coffee kick, but want to save money here’s how:
Duration: Roughly 10-20 minutes, can drink within seconds of making; makes one 16 ounce drink, but creates leftover syrup.
I n g r e d i e n t s:
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of canned pumpkin Puree
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces milk
- ¼ cup fresh coffee
- It is okay to substitute with strong coffee
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped cream
- To SPICE it up… add more cinnamon and sugar on the rim!
- In order to make the syrup for this drink, the water, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and puree, and salt need to be in a medium saucepan at around medium heat (4-5 on an electric stove). Wait for the pan to come to a boil and change the temperature to low (4-below on electric stove) for around 5 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn off the stove and empty the vanilla and condensed milk into the pan and stir till mixed
- Place the 8 ounces of milk into the microwave until it is hot. Take out of the microwave and whisk it until the milk turns into a foam substance
- It’s now time to assemble the latte: pour 2 tablespoons of the syrup from the pan into your desired coffee mug. Add the expresso. Lastly, pour in the foam milk
- Now for the fun part!… add whipped cream and pumpkin pie spic to taste. If you are feeling wild, add some cinnamon and sugar to the rim!